How long has everyone been out of work?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all improving.  I wanted to take a little survey to see how long everyone has been unable to work, or if you are working how you're able to deal with it?  I've been out of work since August of 2014.  Honestly I can't imagine how I can work the way that I'm feeling.  I'm so sleep deprived.  I'm in Physical Therapy for the second time, and I have an amazing Therapist who has managed to get so much of my range of motion back.  I'm thankful for that, but I'm still in so much pain.  I've had no surgeries so far, but I'm starting to feel so depressed that I'm considering having one just to see if there is something that can make me feel better.  Regarding working....it feels like a "darn if you don't and darn if you do situation". Sitting at home without a life brings you down, in addition to making you fat.  Going to work seems like it would be so hard.  I know we all feel pain from this, but do any of you feel like your mind isn't as sharp also?  Thanks for any input and for your support.  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joan. Yes I've been out of work since September 2014. Definitely feel like I've lost the plot a bit. I do understand how you feel. I sit and cry. I feel so absolutely like complete and utter [removed]!!!! There's no other way of saying it. We have to try and be positive though. Try not to get too down Joan. Xxx

Emis Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

• Posted

sorry to hear about your suffering and Ihope you are doing great. As for the progression or regression of  this disease, it quiet vary from one to another depending on individual circumstances and lifestyle . The way forward to defeat this horrible problem is to be positive and keep fit at much as you can .W ith the help of physiotherapy and traditional remedy the outcome is often great.Good luck  
  • Posted

Hi Joan,

I empathize with you.  I have had frozen shoulder in each shoulder 3 years apart.  I think it depends on your job and your recovery process.  I have a desk job and use a computer and with my first frozen shoulder I went through recommended very intense PT & needed to take pain killers after each session (3 x/week) and could only work 1/2 days (due to the drugs & pain) for about 3 months.  I continued my own PT after the 3 months and was able to work full time but had massage therapy (3 x/ week) and accupuncture and used OTC medicines (Tylenol/Ibuprophen/Arnica cream/ice&heat therapies).  With the second frozen shoulder 3 years later (other shoulder), I was able to continue working full time because I did my own PT along with the other therapies/medicine and stayed away from the pain pills and vigorous manipulation from the Physical Therapists. I took almost 2 years for complete recovery however within 1 year the pain was tolerable.  My job didn't require alot of computer use as I was basically managing other staff and instructing/training/reviewing their work.  This was the worst pain I have ever experienced (yes, I've been thru childbirth & its way worse than that) and looking back am not sure how I was able to work.  Frozen Shoulder seems to have a life of its own and recovery is another Full Time Job.  P.S. Please continue to exercise, even if its just a buddy to walk with and hold onto for fear of tripping on the sidewalk.  Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Its been 4 months for me. I had surgery on New Years and now diagnosed with this. I am going to try to return tomorrow. Driving is so painful I am not looking forward to my commute.

I am only going in 3 days a week so we will see how it goes. So nervous that I will have increased pain due to the extra activity

• Posted

I have now been off since the end of February, although I struggled onwards for several months before that, I have another 4 weeks signed off after MUA and arthoscopy, my ROM is improving although my goal is to do my bra up (only only 6 inches to go). I now have an ache and am still taking tramodol before exercsing and going to bed. Today I made cookies, first time in months and felt so happy, I havent been able to concentrate on anything for that long in ages.

There is light at the end of the tunnel xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.