How long I feel my dull, not alert head?

Posted , 6 users are following.

On Monday night I had BPPV episode. Epley maneuver helped, but I still feel something in my head, not fully alert, kind od dull headache, mostly forehead.

Has anybody experienced that, how long it takes, what to do to help with that? Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Do you mean like a head swoosh? Feels like inside your head is moving, which in turn puts your balance slightly off? That's what I get anyway.

I'm coming into week 9 after my BPPV. I think I'm very slowly improving but it's been hard going. It can take weeks/months to clear completely from what I've gathered.

• Posted

Hi Julie. not been on hear for months as been ok but since last night ive experienced exactly what youve described with  the usual, everything i looked at looked like it was moving, on this occasion though i never ended up being sick which i usually am. just as you say, feels like inside is moving and putting me of balance, At the moment not as severe as before in the past where i im usually violenty sick and extremely dizzy. Dont think looking at laptop screen is helping much either! Prior to this ive had whats felt like a slight head ache and a pressure since last Wednesday, i dont usually get head aches.

I havnt had the  BPPV and Epley maneuver, what are they ? ive just been given some tablets to take when i get an attack called Stemetil. 

Sue 

• Posted

Hi Sue

BPPV is the condition where calcium crystals have come loose and gone into the wrong place in your inner ear causing hell 😩, On day one (the day I went to Drs and got diagnosed) I had 3 quick Vertigo attacks where the room spun (thankfully not violent attacks). He just gave me some tablets and said try not to take them and I haven't. Went back two weeks later to describe my symptoms and he said not clsssic BPPV so did ENT referral plus MRI. He tried Epley, slightly different to what is seen on YouTube etc but it didn't work (I don't think that works unless you still have spinning Vertigo on head turns which I haven't since first day).

Since then I've been left with what I've described....wooshy head which has been bloody awful, off kilter feeling and unable to walk far as feeling uncomfortable. I have felt like I'm rocking or swaying but no proper Vertigo since first day. Shops and trying to have a walk round town has been difficult. Work has been hard due to being up and down every 10 minutes from my desk and using a computer (thankfully I'm part time, but I've had to keep going in as I can't afford time off, it's been horrible).

I'm not as bad as I was weeks 1-6, there's been some improvement but I'm still not right. I have ENT appointment on 6th April but from what I've read on here it will be s waste of time and I'll probably just be told to ride it out. MRI referal too on 8th just to make sure it's nothing else but it's doubtful as I'd have more symptoms.

It sounds like you have BPPV... have you had a Drs diagnosis?

• Posted

Hi Sue

Neither Stemetil nor Serc work . I have found, in fact they make me more dizzy, particularly Serc makes me more dizzy

.Good luck. It's a journey.

• Posted

Hi Basia, yes my neighbor found they made her worse as well, apparently they can interfere with your own body trying to rectfy the problem.
  • Posted

It is very common to feel bad after the Epley for quite some time. Particularly The First 48 hours after. Just be patient. It should subside eventually. You did say that you were feeling better a little bit right?
  • Posted

Hi Lapka, I had a headache for days after the Epley, even though it was completely successful. I put it down to the fact that my arthritic neck got a bit overstretched in one of the moves. I took Nurofen (iboprufen) for it. It took almost a week to clear up completely, but I'm fine now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.