How long into the break from the pill should you bleed?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started taking the combined pill for the first time on the 19th of November, I finished the pack on the 8th of December (I lost one pill so took 20 instead of 21). Its been 4 days since I started the 7 day break and I havent bled or had a 'period' yet. Is this normal? and if so when should it start?

I can't be pregnant since I havent done anything. if I don't bleed by the 7th day of the break should I start the next pack or wait until I bleed?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Carry on taking the Pills again as normal after the 7 day break. I wouldn't worry too much about it but of course if you are very concerned you can always talk a nurse/GP. 

I have been on the combined since the age of 16 and my periods stopped on it completely for years. They did come back eventually a few years back but are pretty light.

• Posted

Hello Anna34994, your period can start anywhere between 3-5 days after you have stopped taking the pill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.