How long is my knee going to be so stiff I do my exercises daily and my leg feels so heavy and stiff

Posted , 7 users are following.

Like moving it feels so bad to me. Ice has become my best friend but seems to mke my knee more stiff but feels so good to me.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When did you have your operation, mine was nearly  7 months ago I found every week I was making an improvement, like you I was addicted to ice haha, and it was nearly 4 months before I stopped using it, I exercised and still do I've now joined a gym, still have days where it's not feeling at its best, but in general it's changed my life from being constantly in pain and limping, it's a long road but keep icing elevating and exercising and your get there

• Posted

Could take a year to 18 months resolve.  Most peole feel a big difference in the 6-12 month range...some longer.  Same thing with the clicking sound.  Everyone gets individual results.  Gotts do the gym work to rebuild the quads, glutes and core.  No way around that; it doesn't get better by itself.

• Posted

It took me about nine months before my TKR began to swell less as the day progressed. For complete recovery, I would say one year.

Just keep the elevation, ice, rest, and strengthening exercises going...

You are progressing nicely!

• Posted

Hi

Do the exercises in a hot bath, it helps. If the knee is still hot it's still healing

• Posted

Hi Cera!

My TKRs were June and October of 2015, and I have some days where stiffness just is a given. Often it is colder days, times when I'm in air conditioning and/ or days when it rains or snows.

Generally if I keep stretching throughout the day and even during the night, I can keep a lot of the stiffness at bay.

Moving is good.

Sitting or just standing in one place for too long renders me quite stiff.

A warm shower helps.

Putting an afghan or my coat on my knees in the car or even in the theater helps.

Ibuprofen helps.

I have arthritis in my hips, fingers, elbows, ankles, shoulders, and in my lower back. Moving frequently helps with all of these NON-REPLACED joints.

Hope this helps.

I hope you will be feeling better soon!😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.