How long is the wait for the PIP face to face results?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I went for my assessment 3 weeks ago and I just would like to ask how long anyone had waited for a reward letter and how many points they got?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I am reliable informed new rules in force from 30 June state it depends on number of points awarded = weeks waiting for letter. so if 25 points awarded that means 25 weeks waiting. if couple times 2 =50 weeks. etc etc. which mean hefty payback normaly.

but.. new rule mean payback = 4/5th of time.

so 5week wait mean money start from week 4. so only 1 week payback. 20 week wait only 4week pay. you forfeit rest. that is what I'm told. hope it helps. cheery bye as they say.

• Posted

I'm still receiving my PIP payments so I don't honk il be back paid

• Posted

Hiya

Just to say that I have been waiting 7 weeks now and someone said if It's DLA to PIP It could take 17 weeks but I hope that is not true.

• Posted

I had my assessment almost 6 weeks ago and still not heard.  I read on another forum decisions are taking between 8-10 weeks to be made following assessment.
    • Posted

I just received a letter today saying they got the information now I'm just waiting for the decision.... They like to take their time to rush us but take years to contact us back.

• Posted

I received the same letter about 3 weeks ago.
    • Posted

Oh so I could be waiting up to 5 weeks more
    • Posted

Yes - my assessment was 6 weeks ago - on the day we voted Brexit!  I rang the dwp last week for an update and they said they were understaffed and running behind on decision making - so in other words, it is the Summer now so many staff members with kids are off on their holidays!  
    • Posted

The letter says something about reports so I assume I'm just waiting for decision maker to look at my file then il hear back. But I've been told it's a good sign that I've recieved this letter so it's likely I'm still going to claim PIP because I'm sure if I wasn't they would of written to me and said no when they looked at the reports and photo copies.

• Posted

Mine said the same and it is a standard letter sent out to most - I got a text as well as my letter in fact!.  I have heard of people receiving the same letter and then not being awarded anything.  Just keep an open mind.  
  • Posted

DWP does everything in postcodes areas in batches there is a backlog

• Posted

I'm already receiving PIP but had to go for a re assessment I'm sure if the money stops being paid il soon know.

• Posted

Hi Maestro99,

I had a home visit assessment and received my award 2 weeks later...no idea why it worked out that way. Unfortuntately I was not happy with the award and asked for MR, your guess is as good as mine on how long that will take.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.