How long is this gonna go on (hot flushes)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm gonna be 53 in May my last period was about September last year, I've been having hot flushes since about December why did my mother never tell me how bad this was. Ive started taken Menomood I picked up from boots I've only been taken it just over 1week now not much change can anyone recommend anything. I'm  a really bad sleep to start with but the flushes are not helping I'm getting so tired I just want to cry. Help xxo

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HEllo I'm 50 not to bad with hot flushing at the moment but did suffer reallyou bad with it hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

I get how bad this can be.  This aging thing is one of the best kept secrets around.  And while my mom did try to talk with me, I just probably wasn't listening. 

You can certainly try some HRT.  There are plenty of women who feel that it gave them their life back.  If you don't like it, you can always quit. 

• Posted

Hi don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I am 60 years old and 9 years post and still go through phases of having hot flushes and night sweats ..they aren't as bad as they used to be but do still come and are quite uncomfortable at times , I am at least seeing light at the end of the tunnel lately so hoping that's a good sign. I have found sleeping with an ice pack helps me along with taking magnesium other than that I just ride them out .

• Posted

OMG how long I do have a hot water bottle that I filled with cold water and put my feet on when I have a flush at night it helps a bit but I think I just didn't expect it to be as bad. I don't really want to go on HRT I just gonna try and ride it out as you say for now and see if anyone can help. Xxo

• Posted

I know a couple things you can try..  I will mail you 
  • Posted

I went online and bought these menopause scarves. You soak them in water and put them in the freezer or fridge. I keep one at work and one at home. They are amazing! Also keep ice water with you all the time. It helps me a lot. Bought a cool gel pillow from Costco, love it. I have rearranged my life to make me comfortable. Hot flashes & night sweats were consuming me! Good luckwink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.