how long off work after gb removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

Was wondering how long people are having off work after surgery, and are you nhs patients or private, not that it makes sny difference, but not sure if this a uk forum or American

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi! I've undergo surgery last June 30,2015 and i'm off work for almost 2 months
  • Posted

Hi Susan,

I'm having the op on Monday my surgeon told me approx 2 weeks but my gp was more realistic (probably because she is the one seeing patients after the op) and she said it will be more like 4 weeks sometimes more or less depending on the individual.

• Posted

It depends what type of work you do.

If it is just sitting in an office you could go back after 3 weeks if you have keyhole surgery and 6 weeks if you have the bigger op.

I am an nhs patient.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.