How long post op?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello ladies,

I'm now 4 days post op from a & p repair. I know its very early days yet but im just wanting to know from ladies who have had similar surgeries for how long did you need to have regular pain relief, especially the stronger stuff. Currently im needing to take paracetamol, diclofenac and oxycodone regularly for the pain to be only just bearable. So what was your experience? How long was it before you could manage with just the lighter stuff? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I am almost 5 weeks post op, I came home from hospital on the 5th day due to a bit of excess bleeding, I had 1 oxycodone after I came home and a few paracetamol at different times and no pain relief at all now, We all heal and handle pain differently, your body will be your guide so listen to it and rest as much as you can. Heal and rest well
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

I was on dyhydracodine and paracetamol. I only took the strong dyhydracodine for a few days, but continued with paracetamol for first couple of weeks.

Phyl ☺☺

• Posted

Everyone is different depending on their pain threshold so it's trial and error. If you take a paracetamol and it doesn't start to relieve your pain after about an hour then it's not adequate and you'll need something stronger. Work out your pain from 1-10 like they do in hospital sometimes, anything above 4-5 then you need something stronger and remember you can take paracetamol along with Diclofenac and Oxycodone and it helps them work much better.
  • Posted

Dear Sarah, I only had anterior repair, pain only the first days. I wish you a good recovery, just rest as much as you can and let your family take care of you. I think the complete surgery a&p repair is harder as other girls have said in other discussions of this forum but the result is very good, and that's you have to focus on, you will be fine and without any prolapses! Hugs keep us informed of your progressions, hope your pain passes soon! Hugs! 😘😘😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.