How long should vision continue to improve?

Posted , 7 users are following.

How long will vision continue to improve?

At 1 day post op my far vision was 20/50, at 1 week 20/32.   I am 2 weeks post op now on 2nd eye and I hope it improves.

I measured J2 for near but I noticed at night in the dark before I go to sleep I have trouble on my phone.

I had a lot of floaters both times about 3 days post op, and this time at 1 1/2 weeks post op was seeing flashes of light in my peripheral vision.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had deterioration at week 5 and went back to eye emergency at week 6..got referred for yag lazer treatment to get rid of the build up on the back of my lense... However everything cleared up properly at week 8.. I would say for me it's stayed steady since then.. But I still hVe a lot of floaters.. I too saw the flashes of light around the same time as yourself. I'm hoping the lazer treatment will take care of the huge amount of floaters I have as on a bright day they are horrendously visible to the point of having a rippling effect on my vision. I still have some issues with vision in poor light.

• Posted

It seems like you already had eye #1 for comparison, but in my case I would say that vision didn't fully stabilize until 2 weeks after I stopped all the eyedrops. I was on eyedrops for 6 weeks, so I had improvement and/or stabilization until about 8 weeks post surgery. It was the stability that was most noticeable after stopping the eye drops. It still takes a bit of time to get "best vision" after waking up in the morning, but then my vision is pretty much stable and consistent until I go to bed. This was NOT the case while I was on eyedrops.

• Posted

I don't exactly have eye 1 to compare with because that one was for near and this is for far. (Monovision). I will be on eyedrops a total of 4 weeks. 

• Posted

Do you know what the diopter difference is between the 2 eyes?  How is intermediate vision?
  • Posted

Everyone's eye heals differently.

Some get great 20/20 or better vision the next day after surgery, but some others like me didn't get vision to improve and get stable for nearly 2 months, after I was finished with the Rx eyedrops for the weeks after surgery.

During the first month or two, my eye vision would vary a lot day to day.

The day after surgery it was about 20/40, 2 weeks later it was about 20/25, but a few days it was worse than 20/40 and sometimes 20/20 or better.

Now 6 months after surgery, its usually 20/25 but can be 20/20 at times or 20/30.  I got a new optometrist eyeglasses Rx and my eye has 1D of residual astigmatism that probably varies a little day to day and during the day.

• Posted

I too have floaters  but mostly in my right eye I also have like a cobweb floater in that eye. It has been 8 weeks for that eye. I had my left eye done 4 weeks  ago but so far no floaters in that eye but then i’m still on the last 2 weeks of drops.  I feel like my vision varies also so I’m hoping this all comes together at some point.  I sure hope it gets better because everyone has a different story and I still struggle with close reading. I can do it but my eyes get tired and I have to just stop trying to read.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.