How Long Should Zoloft Withdrawals Last

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was on generic Zoloft for over 5 years. About 6 months ago I decided to wean myself off slowly (about a month). I'm still having lots of depression and it seems to be getting worse. I am able to function somewhat but am finding it more difficult. Any thoughts or comments would be welcome.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

see! its wrong to take them!!! you dont know whats the drug and whats you!!! thats why TOM CRUISE IS A BLOODY GENIUS, and everything thinks hes an idiot!
  • Posted

Hi rhonda, whoaoooo magnus. not sure what that's about but anyway.....rhonda....first of all did a doctor put you on them? I would seem to think so since you had a supply for 5 years. But by some chance if you are taking them without a script, this could be very detrimental to your psychological/physical/mental well being. Even if they were prescribed by a doctor, you should be getting the dosages from him to wean yourself off of them IF he thinks you can do without them. My suggestion to you is get to your GP or Psychiatrist/Professional Health personnel immediately and tell him/her exactly what you are doing. Also bring the Zoloft so he/she can see what dosages you have been on. Bring any other meds you are on too. Take Care.
  • Posted

Thank you pat. I was under a Drs care but due to the healthcare mess here in the US I an currently without health insurance. I decided to stop taking my meds due to the expense but it looks like I may need to rethink my decision.
  • Posted

Yes, I think so too. Get back on them until you can see a doc....And i hope you and everyone else get back their health care that got messed up. Good luck.
  • Posted

Thanks Pat. Luckily I saved about a months supply. I wonder if I should start back at the full dose?

• Posted

That would be a good question for your doctor. But if it were me I would start out at the dose you started from the very beginning if you remember.
  • Posted

Check out HELPGUIDE - this is the first site I’ve seen that actually QUOTES the science without clinging to the older `chemical imbalance in the brain’ idea which is now shown to be false. (It was a great marketing slogan for Eli Lilly & Prozac.)

The site seems reasonable and sensible

Antidepressant withdrawal symptoms

Anxiety, agitation

Depression, mood swings

Flu-like symptoms

Irritability and aggression

Insomnia, nightmares

Nausea and vomiting

Dizziness, loss of coordination

Stomach cramping and pain

Electric shock sensations

Tremor, muscle spasms

deee

• Posted

Thanks Deee. I checked out the website and it has some good information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.