How long to rest after slight pneumothorax?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

About 6 months ago I had a VATS surgery on my right lung. (In about 3 weeks they will do my right one). I have had no problems since the surgery. But from this morning onward I am experiencing pain in my right lung (similar to those that lead to pneumothorax).

My questions are:

How long do you wait before getting checked by an X-Ray?

Assuming it heals itself in the next few hours, how long should I wait before doing physical activity, in particular, could I go for a hike in the next 3 days?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Id go get it checked out if your in pain as I have been in hospital 5 times this year with my left lung dispite having surgery early this year
    • Posted

thanks for your answer

Are they going to perform another surgery since it is still giving you trouble? (I ask because my doctor told me that if this happened twice or more a year might be worth doing a more invasive surgery (pleurectomy).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.