How long until Cytomel T3 is out of my system or when does the shaking and achiness stop?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took Cytomel for one day and it was horrible! I was super irritated and have been achy all over and feel jittery like if I hold my hand out, it is trembling since I took it 4 days ago. I also have been nauseated this whole time and was throwing up most of the night last night. I'm just wondering when this is going to end. I didn't even take more than 25 mcg. I've never taken it before. Is this normal?

I read that the half life is 12-24 hours, so that means it'll be about a week. I have read a few posts here and people say it takes months to get out of their systems. OMG I cannot handle being sick that long. I'm supposed to have an interview if a few days. Ugh!

I was prescribed Cytomel because I'm hypothyroid. I had gained about 20 lbs (in all the wrong places too! I'm over 50 btw) and my hair was falling out and my skin was super dull looking so I asked my dr for Cytomel because Levothyroxine had never worked for me in the past. I'm female and the weight gain was really bothering me. I was feeling sluggish, but at this point I don't even care if I go back to feeling tired. Just taking a supplement for thyroid management would be better than this evil drug.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi! i know this post is from awhile ago but i wanted to check in and see how youre feeling as i have had a similar experience.

• Posted

Symptoms of medication depend on how much you take them, how long you take them for and the size of the dosage. You can use what i said to work out ways you can sort out the issue. You could ask for lower dosages, you could take them less often. Its all up to you, although i would always check with the GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.