How long until I feel benefits?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just wondering how long it could take for some of my symptoms to go or at least improve. Brain fog, muscle pain, headaches, tiredness to name a few. I know their is no timescale to this but just after a general idea of what to expect, I have only being supplementing with a good quality sublingual for 5 days (I'm very impatient I know) any thoughts or advice would be appreciated ??

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi ,

Can you confirm how long it took for your symptoms to subside?

I have been tested for a level of 161 and got a Hydroxocobalamin Injection (1mg/ml) a few days ago.

Is that enough for recovery?

Do I need to keep getting these? I do have some gut issues as well, undiagnosed, *maybe* IBS.

• Posted

If you are in the UK and whether or not you have neurological symptoms your doctor should be treating you as follows

Treatment of cobalamin deficiency

Current clinical practice within the U.K is to treat cobalamin deficiency with hydroxocobalamin in the intramuscular form outlined in the British National Formulary, BNF, 

Standard initial therapy for patients without neurological involvement is 1000 µg intramuscularly (i.m.) three times a week for two weeks, then every three months. 

The BNF advises that for Pernicious anaemia and other macrocytic anaemias patients presenting [u]with[/u] neurological symptoms should receive 1000 µg i.m. on alternative days [u]until there is no further improvement[/u], then 1 mg every 2 months.

I am not medically qualified but have had P.A (a form of B12 deficiency) for 45 years 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.