How long until the oil makes an appearance?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Been on the tablets 11 days now and not seen 1 bit of oil even tho I had dominos pizza last night AND cookies! I'm generally being good but having the odd binge at night but the pills don't seem to be having an effect. Any thoughts?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm having similar problem. I have been on them 5 weeks and in first week lost 8lbs but guessing that was liquids from organs etc as we all experience when we change our diet, and I have followed the low fat regime religiously and never gone over 1400 cals per day. However, in last few weeks not lost any, and seen absolutely no difference to my bowl movements and in fact this week am completely constipated and seen nothing since Tuesday. Soooo, really depressed. My husband said he thinks I am not eating enough as in body gone into starvation mode and perhaps no poo's (what a lovely word!) cause not eating any fat. Soooo, yesterday ate all day long, sausages, 3 cadbury creme eggs, kebab and chips for tea and also took 2 laxatives at bedtime - thought that would shift it - nope, nothing, not even wind. So shall eat something greasy again tonight, take a tablet, and take 2 more laxatives before I go to bed and see what's what. Sorry I can't be more positive, but these tablets aren't doing anything for me at the moment. I'm sure I would have lost more weight just being on SW or WW.
  • Posted

Iv been on about 5 weeks also. Not working for me. Lots of wind but no other effects and no weightloss
  • Posted

Do you have to pay for your tablets? I am in New Zealand and they cost me $190. I have been very strict on low fat and not lost anything in the three weeks I've been on them. No side effects. I dare not eat anything bad as I want to lose weight and paying for them is also motivation! But at least I am eating healthily. I don't think sausages and creme eggs are going to help weight loss though! I measured myself all over and have lost cm's though.

• Posted

I got them on prescription from my doctor so £8 (something) for 4 weeks worth. Go back for a weigh in and discuss then.

I am trying to be good but bcoz I know nothing bad will happen to me it's really hard. I have no willpower at all and love to snack. I really thought this was going to be the answer to all my problems and help get the majority of my weight off in the 6 months they let u have them for but doesn't look like it is. Never wanted to see orange oil more!! Lol x

• Posted

Are you all eating enough fiber and drinking enough water. ..?

Up your wholemeal bread/pasta/sweet potato and veg, up your fruits. Make a green smoothie in the morning, drink warm water with lemon, eben lay on your side and massage your tum!

• Posted

I'm not constipated Rebecca. Going as normal but no orange oil after eating dominos so don't think they are working for me 😟
  • Posted

It took about 12 days for any orange oil to show up for me, without even knowing what I had eaten that made it happen! It takes about 1-2 weeks for the tablets to get into your system in the first place and following what another lady said to me you find the things in your first few weeks you can get away with but then in the later weeks you can't at all, so you may find next week you eat a pizza and then all hell breaks loose!
  • Posted

Was about 6 weeks at week 9 now been on toilet most if the evening belly making really loud noises x x
  • Posted

Dear all, so after my horrible few weeks of not losing anything despite being incredibly good, and then being completely constipated, for last 2 days eaten lots and lots of fatty foods (creme eggs, fish and chips, kebab, sausages - and no limit so ate loads) and weighed in this morning and lost 2.5 lbs since Thursday! I have no idea what is going on and from reading lots of reviews maybe it's because i've only been on tablets for 5 weeks so perhaps in later weeks I won't be able to get away with it. BUT, feeling better again today and am back on the strict 5% fat and 1400 cals per day - see what happens next week at weigh in. My husband thinks my body went into starvation mode because of shock of such a low calorie intake each day - not sure I buy into any of this but maybe there is some substance to his words of wisdom. We shall see.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.