How long were you off work?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Quick question - how long did you need to be off work for those who had laparoscopic cyst/ovary removal? 

I've been off just over 3 weeks and due to return later this week but feeling so anxious about it as I do not feel anywhere near 100% or where I was pre surgery energy, fatigue stiffness, etc. My job requires a lot of travel & crisis type work that I have little control of in terms of being able to "take it easy/gradual". But if the anticipated recovery time is 4 weeks does this mean something else is going on or should I force myself to try it. Just curious as to others experience. 

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello! I had laparoscopic surgery on June 8th, a cyst one ovary and both tubes removed and went back to work on the 26th. First week post op was painful (neck, diaphram) and second week felt exhausted but improved every day. I have a desk job (though high stress!)and was anxious to go back but all has been well. A little difficult to get back in routine but overall relieved the surgery was a success! Everyone is different with various circumstances so listen to your gut or check in with your dr to see if you're ok to return! Best wishes!

• Posted

Hi crystalnl

I had the same op as you plus some fluid drained and samples taken on the 12 june, went back to work on the 19th. I went back to work to soon & have ended up with septacemia. Im currently off work again this week because of that. I do plan on going back next week cause i know i might have another op soon (unrelated). I did plan on taking 2weeks of straight after & wish i had done that. Recovery is different for everybody. If you dont feel ready to go back to work & its possible for you to take time of then do so.

Best wishes

Cheryl x

• Posted

Oh no! Hope you are doing ok now. I've spoken with my doctor and will be taking an extra week. 

hope all goes well with your recovery from here on and your other upcoming surgery. Take care. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.