how long where you in hospital ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

hiya

mjust curious as to whats the norma lentgh of stay following anterior and prosteria repair?

Dr had said 1 maybe 2 nights but when all my paper work came from hospital they said length of stay is 3 nights?

I am in Uk and going through Bupa, so now just curious if they put that as a precaution or will i really be there 3 night?

thanks

x

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It's usually around 2-3 nights but some hospitals discharge ladies the same day which I think is absolutely appalling. I was in a private hospital and I was told I could stay as long as I wanted!! I left after the 3rd night. As you will be in a private room I would stay as long as you can to get plenty of rest.
    • Posted

that is what i am thinking i have a 3 year old at home, and i know i will be tempted to try help i am terrible at sitting still and not doing anything also horrible at asking for help terribly independentsad so this is going to be major adjuatment as i know i cant risk undoing anything! lol so might stay as long as im allowed

thanks ladies!

• Posted

I was told, before they knew I had Ehlers Danlos, and before the other repair failed so quickly (because of the Ehlers Danlos) that if I wanted the posterior repair done, they could do it as a day case.  I never really gave it much thought about coming home so quickly, but because of the Ehlers Danlos and chance of failure, they wouldn't be keen on doing it anyway.  But I'm very happpy with the prolapse pessary, so it wouldn't be my first choice (again, because of the Ehlers Danlos) now.
  • Posted

I am in the uk and went to a Bupa hospital. I was told 3 nights possibly 4 but I ended up only staying 1 night. I think the key issue is how well you pass urine after the catheter is removed. I drank lots of water and although I was not fully emptying my bladder I was passing enough urine. Please remember to take Movical as prescribed for your bowels and you should be fine. My operation was 2 weeks Thursday and I am doing well, off painkillers  and taking it easy in this horrible weather. I went for a very short walk to the end of the road yesterday and that was good. Rested with a book in the afternoon.
    • Posted

thanks i will diff be taking stuff for thaf im dreading that part as i struggle with constipation (think thats where part of issue came in lol)

glad to hear your recovery is going well! hoping mine is just as smooth!

my op is 10 dec

• Posted

I'd suggest getting the movical BEFORE you go in so you've found the right amount you need to not be constipated before you go, so you don't find you've got to push that constipated bit out (sorry to be so graphic) once you've had your op?  Only a thought.
    • Posted

lol i understand yes was sort if my hopes to make sure im all good for few days before so no straining whatso ever!
    • Posted

Most consultants ask you to take Movicol for 2 weeks prior to surgery now so your bowel is reasonably clean.
    • Posted

Mine never mentioned anything at all LOL!  She did say though that after surgery I might not 'go' for a couple of days because if the bowel was touched during the surgery it sort of paralyses it for up to a couple of days, so I didn't worry when I didn't go the next morning.  But perhaps mine didn't say anything because they hadn't remembered they were doing any repairs, hence squashed the anterior one, which was the worst, in.
    • Posted

It was 5 years ago when I had my surgery and this wasn't in place then but it is now. I wish I'd taken Movicol prior to the operation and all I was given afterwards was Lactulose which isn't as good.
  • Posted

Hi I am 6 wks post op & I also went in to Benenden hospital & was told 3 days but I had my op on Monday & went home Tuesday evening I feel u r a lot better at home recovering it's a slow process so take care 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.