How long will I be in hospital after removing of petuitory tumor

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm waiting for surgery to remove a petuitory tumor. How long will I be in hospital after surery?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

The duration of stay can vary.

Please look at the information on the website of the pituitary foundation. they have a booklet about surgery. they also have a forum where you will be able to ask questions from people who have been through the same thing.

I think that the minimum is 3 days. it can be longer, if your body needs extra time to stabilise. they have to check that all of your vital hormones are working properly before they will release you, and each person is different.

Wishing you all the best with surgery and no doubt this is quite a worrying time for you. Do get in contact with your consultant also to ask as many questions as you need to, and find out if there is an endocrine nurse at the hospital who can help you through this.

warmest wishes

• Posted

Hi I stayed a week but had a couple of little complications. So I'd say between 3 days and a week but that's only my guesstimation. You're in very capable hands, all the best!!
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I hope you are fully recovered now.
    • Posted

Thanks I'm ok but mine is recurring. I don't think I'll need surgery again but the cabergoline will be a forever thing for me now. How are you feeling?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.