How long will it take?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have been taking fluoxetine for ⁴ weeks now and still not feeling any better, how long will this take? I have been off work for almost ⁴ weeks and due to go back next week and still no better dont know how I'm going to do it. I'm taking them for servere anxiety which lead to a breakdown. Side affects are awful tension, muscle twitches increased appetite, sweating , shaking and only getting ³ hours sleep. The first week was terrible cried all day and could not even leave the house. Dont know if its worth me staying on them? Just want to sleep.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Spoke with dr and staying on meds, no mention of upping the dose. He said I'm doing well at only 4 weeks just hope I feel different this time next month. Had only an hours sleep , my anxiety was bad in mornings then got better as the day went on but its now changed with anxiety all Night. Don't know if its the anxiety keeping me awake or the not sleeping giving me anxiety.
  • Posted

Glad you got to speak to doc at least, and he said you are doing well. did that make you feel any better? I'm sure by this time next month they will have taken effect! did you mention anythng about not sleeping? hope you manage more tonight!!! what did you do today? did you manage to do anything that helps a little?
  • Posted

Had 3 kind of better days in a row. Went out for a few hours yesterday and had a few moments but tried to control them. I slept for 5 hours and only woke I think only twice so that was good. The jaw clenching is getting really annoying now another side affect. How are you?
  • Posted

Hi

I know this was started 12 months ago but have stumbled across this site and have found it very interesting.

Wondered how you are getting on now?  I started Fluoxetine about 2 weeks ago...for the 2nd time and had forgotten what it was like.  I should have stayed on them before as they really worked and then after being off them for a couple of years I found I was worse than ever before.  

• Posted

Hi Annieworcs, I too stumbled across this site and am also on fluoxetine for the second time. How are you getting on?
    • Posted

Hello Annie. Just been reading your post. I too took fluoxetine for many years and then at the start of this year came off slowly as my biological clock was ticking and we wanted to try for a baby. Big mistake! I've ended up in a really dark place. Just upped my dose to 40 mg. hoping they kick in soon x
  • Posted

I have just gone back onto fluoxetine due to low mood, wanting to cry a lot and anxiety. I have taken these needs before and find they suit me really well with knee BIG exception, being unable to orgasm 😞. I my libido is fine and I still want to make love to my husband, but this is driving me mad! Does anybody else have this side effect? To be honest this is the  only reason I have come off the needs, several times......I am 54 years old and on HRT
  • Posted

Please can I ask how you are doing now I feel I am in your place right now would like to know how you are and if it's worth putting this into my body it's only day ; but feel awful xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.