How long will it take for propranolol to work??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have been given 2x40mg tablets to take daily & really can't see them working and I really need to try to get back to work!!!

I can't even leave the house without having panic attacks :-/

Any idea's please??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jason

You dont say how long you have been actually taking the medication, but for me it took about 2/3 weeks before i really started to notice any positive effects. Have faith and above all, dont stop taking your meds......things will improve!

• Posted

Hi Jason,

I agree with Kermodesmum.  However, I started to notice positive effects from the Propranolol after about 1 1/2 weeks.  I understand it can be different for everyone, so please don't give up and stop taking the medication.  So, yes - keep the faith! It will get better.

• Posted

Hi Jason. Sorry if you get this message twice. Not sure if the first one went through lol. I agree with everyone else. This tablet made the world of difference to me. I even managed to fly for the first time in years without getting upset.  May I make a suggestion though .... I've started eating bananas twice a day and that really is helping me.  Diet is soooo important when your under the weather.  Vitamin b12 is important for the nervous system so maybe google what foods have that? And maybe take a trip to your local health food shop ..... Mine was so helpful and understanding,  a vitamin supplement should really help. Keep chatting as that helps a lot too.  My thoughts are with you. It will get better ok.  
  • Posted

Hello, it took me a few days as beta blockers are relatively quick acting but this varies from person to person.  Try to take them with food and at the same time every day.  Also, what helped me was not fighting my anxiety when you feel a panic attack coming on just embrace it and also try hypnosis tapes on you tube.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.