How long & will it work second time around

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello again you lovely people. I am back on Cit after taking it for 3 years & successfully weaning myself of , unfortunately the feeling of well being was short lived about 4 months which is sad, But had to have my little dog put asleep recently & back the anxiety came with with gusto, so I am back on cit started on 10mg now on 20 mg have been for about 5wks, anxiety still bad in morning most days ☹️ can anyone reassure me that cit does work 2nd time around. I am now starting to worry that it won't work, I dont want to keep feeling like this. I would be grateful for any info on this . Thanks in advance lovely peeps ♥️ Linda

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hey Linda, this is my second time on cit and it's been 9 weeks on 20mg and still a lot of anxiety although its slowly reducing but it's a up and down. unfortunately it seems like second time round it takes way way longer to get on the medication and usually the side affects are more severe. I really struggled this time round but slowly some positives are happening. people say that you need to wait about 12 weeks to see results. takes time to stabilise. like you I did the mistake of weaning off and managed with no medication for 7 months but regret it a lot for coming off I wish I have just stayed on them as it really helped. now its just a waiting game till it starts working again.

• Posted

many thanks for your reply, yes i am with you i also wish i had never come off then. it looks like i will have to persevere. thanks again & seasons greetings x

• Posted

hey Linda I'm the same as you x second time on cit. definitely worked a lot quicker the first time round with no side effects x

this time round has been a different story it's been a rollercoaster of evil to say the least.

if they worked for you before they will work again. Lala is 100 percent right its definitely gonna take longer the second time round x I see it a lot.

I'm week 2-3 on 30mg after being on 20mg for 6 weeks and didnt improve and done the stupid thing of increasing x so stick with it and hopefully soon you will start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel 😊

There is a few of us on here second time round so you're not alone x

• Posted

So so, its the morning anxiety thats horrid, its is taking a while for the meds to kick in i am on 20mgs now. Thank you for thinking of me. hope you are okay. Merry Christmas to you X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.