How long will my happiness last: I have been free of vertigo for about 1 year

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello guys only us sufferers from vertigo will every understand whats going through out lives.

I stopped having vertigo attacks since september 2020 does anyone know if the attacks returns? I had weekly episode for 1 straight year and it turned my life upside down.

I did have 4 steroid injections in my ear but it was just last month ie my vertigo was already gone automatically. If you have time and want to read my experience here it is.

I am 31 years old man suffering from meniere's disease since 2019 and had the severe vertigo attacks almost every week or sometimes even more than once in a week. I also lost almost all of my hearing in one year on my right ear. I did have a steriod injection in my ear before christmas in 2019. I didnt help me at all. Infact once in 1am in the morning I had a vertigo and I was vomiting so bad once that I had a cut in my stomach due to excess contraction once all of my belly was empty then I was bleeding so heavy and I almost died, had to be rushed to the AnE. I still have fears about that attack every now and then. Besides the injection I was on betahistine 30mg 3 times a day, I also had vitamin D for I was living in my room for most of the time. I quit drinking smoking coffee cheese cut out my salt on food. nothing seem to help me. As soon as I did slight physical work it would trigger my vertigo attacks, if I stayed idle the attacks would take normally 1 week to come back. I did all sorts of tests like hearing test, MRI, 2 types of blood test, xray urine and stool sample, endoscopy, caloric test and vestibular balance test. everything except my hearing in my right ear was ok. Nothing worked I was depressed and also went for few consultations and I stopped taking the bitahistine as well. Then since around september of 2020. I stopped getting these attacks ( thank you god) I am almost deaf in my right ear and I do get tinnitus but I am more than happy to live this way as long as the vertigo doesn't come back. I also do some exercises nowadays for vertigo. I want to go back and work as an engineer on site like before. Please sharing any experience would be very very appreciated.

Thank you I hope god bless everyone

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.