How long will my otitis last? Is it an otitis media or externa?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, this saturday early in the morning i spent a couple of hours soaking wet in the rain and cold. Thus, i woke up on sunday with a sever throat ache, a fever, and a cough. The symptoms have lasted me until yesterday (tuesday) evening, where they started to go away, but at that same time, an ear pain started to settle in and today (wednesday) the throat ache and fever are gone but i have a strong otitis in my ear. I would like to know how long this will last as i am taking the plane on friday and last time i did that with an otitis, my eardrum popped (i was a child and had to get an ear operation because i had several otitises a year). How long can i expect the pain and muffled hearing to last, and is it most likely an otitis media or externa?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.