How long will this last?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I have been on Remeron for about 10 years. The last 6 of those years I have been taking only 7.5mg. I stopped taking it and I am on my 7th week and I still feel like crap. Does anyone have an idea of how long this withdrawal will last? my head hurts, I feel queasy, my skin is itchy, low energy and I think I now have rls.

this sucks.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Yes, Rls is one of its common side effects, i get that, also, did you stop cold turkey? or did you tapered? im tapering this medication and i'm feeling like crap as well. I only took the full pill (15 mg) for less than a month, and it has taken me 2 years of tapering and i still have a long way to go till i can finally come completely off this crap. I'm currently at 1.4 mg and my God last night and today is been rough. I have felt like this withdrawal effect months ago but it went away and i was a bit happy( because is bad, really wish i could explain what im feeling but i can't seem to put it in words) anyways, like i said, it went away although i was feeling some other symptoms cause with this med you will always have different symptoms in a day everyday,(is awful) but now im feeling this bad symptom again and is making me feel more desperate to come off this crap!!

This pill has made me feel a lot of its bad and scary withdrawals symptoms/side effects this whole 2 years but now is more frequent and worse because i'm in a very low dose. Can't tell you how long you will feel like this, since we all are questioning that but i believe is until you detox from it, until your body cleans completely out from it and that can take time, not to long or very long. 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.