How long would you wait?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi people who write on here. i need some support if you can give me any? i have left my old counsellor as he was useless 4+ weeks back, what he didn't know is i'd spoken to a different place, as i didn't really want the counselling to completely discontinue. how long would you wait for the new place to contact? i have been told 6-8 weeks so far it's been 5. it's getting quite tough without support but i don:t want to trouble them. i feel bad that i have to start again but the other counsellor was causing nothing but worsening problems. if you have any advice please let me know, but i warn you i'm a little fragile.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Sam, good to see you have reached out when your struggling. Most places have different rules when it comes to engaging with a new patient and explain to the stage you got to so you dont have to start from the beginning. if your old counsellor was doing more harm then good then youve made the right choice to move on. How are you doing day to day? Im Lewis so just message me back if you want someone to talk to mate

• Posted

hi lewis, thanks for replying back i just feel like i've been waitung forever, i hope they see me soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.