how lovely are the nurses at map

Posted , 8 users are following.

i finally got round to phoning map and the lady was ever so nice. im looking forward to the info arriving and the free tape measure woo hoo!

so glad i found this forum.

shaz

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi skinnyminny :D

the nurses at map are really helpful.

im waiting for my info pack aswell,im hoping its here for monday as thats wen im going to start on the pills.ive got 4 1/2 stone to lose.

im abit scared and been trying to find out all i can about the good and bad..thats why i read the experiences...

this is a good forum and so far the people on here seem really nice and try to help if they can,even if its just to give support and encouragement.

i hope all goes well for you and you get to your goal,keep me posted..

take care tracey.x :lol:

• Posted

thanks,i will be happy just to get back to being a size 14 and where nice clothes again.i hate that i am limited to dorothy perkins,evans and the fat section at new look even then everything in the bigger sizes arent nice to wear!

good luck to you to x

• Posted

Good luck SkinnMinny! I start my low fat diet tommorow, going to start a food diary with it then start the Orlistat a few days later, so i've yet to ring them with my batch number! I will pick my prescription up tommorow and do it straight away!
  • Posted

i weighed myself today and i have lost 6lbs! i started on the 8th jan and to stop for 5 days coz i was on antibiotics as my wisdom teeth is infected and i wasnt really eating much and restarted on monday so im really happy! i didnt have to stop taking them but i couldnt deal with the side effects of both medications together! thankfully i havent had any orange oil.

good luck with your weight loss and im so glad i found this forum otherwise i wouldnt of contacted map.

shaz

• Posted

Hello everyone, I started today and feel excited and apprehensive at the same time. Have a lot of weight to loose so gritting my teeth smile

Haven't phoned map yet but will do and look forward to receiving pack.

If it ok, I would love to keep in touch with everyone here to share experiences and offer support.

Really scared about potential side effects!!

• Posted

hi and welcome.

if you eat properly then you will have no side effects.its quite a simple equation too much fat equals orange oil! once you find your balance it will become easier. even if you do lapse the orange oil is enough to put you off. I eat my breakfast after ive done the nursery run just in case of the side effects so what im trying to say is sort of plan when you are going to take your tablets. i genuinely have lost weight on them.

good luck.

• Posted

i got my pack today.i phoned on fri so i got it quite quick. interesting stuff.

i got a nice little tape measure.

• Posted

MAP wont advise any more. Is there anywhere else - except here of course - for advice?
  • Posted

Darn. I was just going to phone MAP but if there is no point I'll save the phone call!

I guess it is down to us now then!

• Posted

Hi,

I have just found the website alli.ie it is in all the promotional leaflets for over the counter tablets. Has some handy tips on portion sizes and fat content.

Sasx

• Posted

Hi

I called MAP yest 19/5/09, they gave me a web address which is mapassist.co.uk if this is any help to anyone

regards

aimee

• Posted

Cheers Aimee,

now I just need to work out where the batch number is on my tabs - isn't in a Roche printed box. Just a plain white one.

• Posted

Hi LellyM

if you've got really good eyes, :shock: its on the end of the individual packs of tablets.

• Posted

OK, found the batch number and have registered onto MAPassist. It is quite useful. Full of good ideas and guidance (like a quick calculator for our 5% and 10% loss goals).

Lelly xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.