How many are too many??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I take 2 cocodomol 30/500 mg in morning and same again at night which are prescribed by my doc...I've just been wondering today is this really to high a dose and is it enough to become addicted? A few monthes ago I started taking 4 extra a day but have now got back to my starting dose of 4 a day. Would it get withdrawal symptoms if I stopped this dose? Just wondering what everyone thinks?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannah. This depends on the length of time you have been taking your dose. Ie year's or month's. The longer you have taken them the more dependent your head and body wants them.. although a low dose. I would say you may feel alittle discomfort possibly alittle sleepless at night. Nothing major in your case.

• Posted

Hi, your body might start complaining but only very mildly, certainly nothing that would affect you to any great degree, consider that the people on here can be taking anything up to 64 pills a day and sometimes more, then you would know all about withdrawal symptoms. If you are concerned then just cut down to two per day for a week then one then stop, but do discuss it with your GP before stopping any medication prescribed by them!
    • Posted

Bolo6,

I would think taking 64 pills a day means the people taking so many are not long for this world,

• Posted

you would think so Benggo, if you told your GP you were taking so many they probably wouldn’t believe you, the body can cope with a lot of abuse but obviously it’s pretty much like Russian Roulette.
  • Posted

Hannah,

I was on C/C ,the highest dose for four years and they certainly deadened the pain in my neck,no more than the maximum dose per day;however two bouts of cronic constipation and I stopped taking them and rely on paracamol now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.