How many ectopic heartbeats a day are acceptable

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, i have been having heart palpitations and arrythmias for around 2 years that have got progressively worse, i have had many investigations under cardiology, they showed irregular heart rhythm, ectopic beats and a benign anomalous coronary artery, i have been on bisoprolol for approximately one year initially with good effect, now not as effective and the contraceptive pill to balance my hormones as my symptoms are always worse around the time of my period, my question is how many ectopic beats are considered normal? i have around 0-5 on a good day and 30-50 on a bad day, is anyone else the same? and does anyone have any tips on improving symptoms i have already cut all caffeine and alcohol out, i keep hydrated and eat regularly, also does anyone have any experience in symptoms worsening since having covid? this also seems to have been the case, thanks in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The best thing you can do is read the replies to similar posts to you on this board. The very long one with 'Emily' is especially informative.

Assuming your condition has been investigated and is not causing concern to the doctors your condition is very much on the mild side compared to some sufferers.

The condition often seems to come and go for no good reason and at times is much worse than others.

Some here suffer thousands of ectopic beats every day and have done for decades.

What seems to impact on one person seems to have no impact on another so again read through the threads to see the common causes which include caffeine and alcohol.

Women often seem to link the condition to their natural menstrual cycle.

you might find it useful to keep a detailed diary to see if you can pick up any factors that affect you. this should not only include food and drink but other factors that might disturb you, from moving house, to a change in relationships, to moving servers too close to the bed, to different cleaning materials. Have you recently become a vegan or put on weight or having not enough sleep? Do you have indigestion problems? Do google 'the vagus nerve.'

Whilst there may be a single factor you can identify if you are lucky, it is more likely there will be a number of factors that may be small in themselves but collectively add up to causing you problems.

So have a read, but in the meantime did something happen around 2 years ago that might have been the start of your problems? Did the vast change in habits since covid precipitate the problem or was it occurring before this?

Do keep in touch as by doing so you will help others. Unfortunately the medical profession do not seem to take ectopics very seriously

• Posted

Actually mine started because of Covid ..I had Covid symptoms in March 2020 and since then been on and off ,,,worst feeling ever

• Posted

I am the same as you - 30/40 on a bad day which seems good compared to other people on this forum. I just dont understand why they can go away for months and then come back, like with no change in routine. I dont feel stressed until they start and then I am very stressed!

Its so frustating how no one else i know seems to suffer with these, its a very lonely condition sometimes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.