how many hours apart do you take orlistat?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone,

ive started back on orlistat after not taking it for about 6 months as i moved house and had alot of stress and just kept meaning to collect my prescription. anyway this morning i got up a bit late and took my tablet around 11.30 and then had something else to eat around 3pm and i took another tablet. straight away i felt sick and horrible and puked it up.im guessing as my breakfast was cereal and very low fat and then barely a 3 our window the late morning tablet was still in my sysyem. how far apart should i be taking my tablet? first time round i lost a stone and im determined to stick at it this time. thank you for reading this far.

shaz.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I usually take 3 a day..so 8.30am, 12.30pm and then tea at 5-6pm
  • Posted

hi i did the same thing today as i got up and went straight out (i cant eat as soon as i get up) first time i ate was 11.30 i decided to have what i was going to have for lunch first then at 2.30 i had my breakfast which was ready brek i had no problems with taking 2 tablets so close together,may be try eating your lunch before your breakfast if you find you are running late with breakfast.hope this helps.claire
  • Posted

Hi, i have no problems with taking the tablets, I have mine at 8am, 12pm, 6pm

Could it be possible you have a tummy bug?

Love

Gill

xxx

• Posted

thanks for your advice and replies. no tummy bug i just think i took then to close together and took them with cereal at breakfast and then toast at lunch. why is it when you start to watch what you eat you think about food more!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.