How many injections are needed by Rezum based on the prostate shape and size?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Do you know how many injections are needed by Rezum based on the prostate shape and size?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Here's one data point for you: 54 gm prostate with fairly large median lobe - 3 injections on the right side, 3 injections on the left, 1 in median lobe.

It's been almost 5 years. Worked pretty well. IPSS score is currently 13. Obviously could be better, but I'm still functional. I am now 66.

Good luck,

Bill

• Posted

Hi William. I have a markedly distended bladder and pelvic floor dysfunction so am unsure which if any surgery will help me.

Did you have any other conditions other than the median lobe obstruction?

Thanks

Bob

• Posted

No, as far as I know it was just the enlarged prostate with median lobe. Your Uro will have to comment on how your other conditions will impact your treatment options.

• Posted

I never experienced RE from Rezum. Orgasm was back to normal about 3 months after the procedure. I waited about a month after Rezum to have sex. The next two months was a steady improvement in the orgasm sensation until it was thankfully back to normal.

Note that I know what RE is like because I did have it while taking Rapaflo prior to my Rezum. I quit taking Rapaflo shortly thereafter. I found RE to be really annoying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.