How many of you?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I would just lke to know how many women on this website have had totally successful prolapse surgery and never had any problems once they recoverd from that surgery? I want to know how may are back there old selves again. I know there are a few of you who mentioned you are fine, what about the rest of you? Also want to hear from those who wish they had of never had the surgery and why?

Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I've been fine since having my op end of Oct. No more bulge. Just hoping it lasts.
    • Posted

Four months  a week, that is good news and hope it stays that way. Ts for your input Donna.
  • Posted

I've been absolutely fine and I had mine 4 years ago.
    • Posted

Matron, I think you are the longsest so far which is very good. Lets see what the others have to say. Thanks for your input.
  • Posted

Hi I had hysterectomy and anterior repair last october. Fibroids were causing prolapse and stress incontinence.

Wish I had been told more about prolapse and consequences. I had looked on internet but wish I had found out more.

Had lots of help after op and took it easy.

But about 13 weeks after prolapse came back both front and back. Too soon for another op and Dr has explained in detail probs with mesh.

Tried ring pessary but they fell out. Shelf pessary sore. So now have gelhorn pessary. I am only 55 and you cannot have intercource with it in. And they norm kept in for 4-6 months at a time and taken out for cleaning and checking by a professional.

But my gynaecologist has suggested I learn to do it myself so hubby and I can maintain sexual relations.

Hubby now away for 3 weeks so I am trying to practice. Managed to take out once leave out overnight and put back it. But it us fiddly and major passion killer!

Yes wish I had not had hysterectomy as I feel fibroids may have been shrunk medically. Though the gynae surgeon I had then was keen to operate. Also smaller prolapse that I had then might have been managed by ring pessary which are much easier to put in and out yourself.

• Posted

Ruth I am so sorry to hear about your experience. When you leave the pessary out, does your prolapse work its way down to the opening of your vagina area or does it stay up? Can to the bathroom normally without the pessary?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.