How many of you have a notable increase in resting heart rate on this drug.?

Posted , 6 users are following.

A study has shown that the average heart rate increase on 150mg Amitryptyline is 20bpm. This probably wouldn't bother alot of people but someone like me with a resting 85bpm might go into constant tachycardia (above 100bpm) on this drug.

Have any of you tracked your increase?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi im on 150mg amitryptyline at night some times my heart is fast some times it feels like its missed a beat its been like this since my doctor cut my script my 50mg i was on 200mg at night ive not felt right since ive been on these now for about 20 years my doctor wants me off these and to try some thing else but im afraid to come off them because of the side affects i tryed to came off them my self i stopped taking them for about a week my god i was living on 2 hour a night sleep some time no sleep made me feel awfull  not sure what to do 
  • Posted

I can't say I have noticed any changes to heart beat. But I'm on 150mg's and quite often if I stand up, I feel like I'm going to faint. That's quite worrying and I have to hold on to something and bend down, trying to minimise any harm if I did faint and hit the deck.

• Posted

I was on 100mg for 20 years and can say in all that time I had no trouble concerning my heart.
  • Posted

Yes

Amitriptyline seriously increased my heart rate from 70 to 98.

As well as causing arrhythmia.

Also increased my blood pressure (although the average response is usually a lowering of BP.)

I'm prepared to put up with it because it's a very effective medication but you do need to keep a check on it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.