How many palpitations in a row is too many?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is just a curious thread really. I'm on nadolol at the moment for PAF and it's been two weeks. Yesterday, I had 4 palpitations in a row and I almost threw up after. The after effects lasted for another hour and my heart rate remained high but it then went. I was sitting and doing work. I've had episodes like this before, for example when I'm in bed I had 20 palpitations in under a minute which was really strange, and a similar episode on a train.

I'm not worried that its anything bad as they're common, but has anyone had this before where its a palpitation not PVCs because I get them too and I know the difference? I do obviously get the occasional one (more occasional since being on beta blockers) but was wondering how many do you get? Or is there anything to worry about?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Not sure I understand your description of palpitations. To me palpitations oare periods of irregular heartbeat (atrial fibrillation for example), longer than you describe. Are you talking about ectopics where the heart misses beats? What are the after effects.

I found that certain beta blockers are very bad for my paf so ask for a change.

• Posted

To me, they feel like palpitations. The onset is like a deep fluttering sensation, followed by a big thump. The length of which varies, sometimes I get after-effects, sometimes I don't. I've only just changed beta blockers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.