How many years people Survive with severe heartburn and acid reflux?

Posted , 5 users are following.

As i am 32 years old like to plan for my family if i have 5-10 years of life ahead...and will look into the bucket list..

Cheers Pratik

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi you should not look at it so disheartedly. I am 45 and on one kidney and suffer from swallowing disorder and acid reflux has to be officially diagnosed yet. By changing my life style I have improved my symptoms by 50 percent. As long as you stay healthy and avoid culprits you will be fine.

May God bless all of us with good health.

• Posted

I am 68 and have had the conditions for years and still here!

• Posted

From the post I assume you're distressed, I completely understand, but you need to take a breath and look at this problem differently.

There are many ways to alleviate reflux, as well as different potential causes. It sucks but with the correct doctor I am sure you can find what works for you to help alleviate your symptoms. I think you would be seen urgently before it would even get close to being fatal, you just need to work with your doctor.

I am 21 and suffer with agonising reflux. Make sure you focus on your mental health, stress and depression only amplifies the pain from reflux and makes you feel worse. Discovering it is reflux is the most important step, it took doctors over a year to realise for me it wasn't anxiety but was a hiatal hernia. I hope you find a cure that works for you, please post back with your progress.

• Posted

Hi stiffers im really sorry to hear you have the same issues. I am kind of shocked that hital hernia can happen at 21. Do you take acid blockers?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.