How many years should I take bisoprolol?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All. I'm 55 now and had an MI just over four years ago followed by two stents. Ever since I've been on a daily baby aspirin, statin and 1.5 mg of bisoprolol fumarate. The hospital I go to (in HK) seems to just renew my medication each time I go back, without a proper discussion with a doctor. I'm beginning to suspect after reading what people have written here that the bisoprol is the cause of some unpleasant side effects, especially a very zombie-ish, fuzzy headed sensation I often get in the afternoons. I'm starting to wonder whether I should wean myself off these things. My MI wasn't a massive one - my life is more or less the same as it was before. But I don't feel like I used to in many ways. Maybe it's the meds? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I've been taking 1.25my bisoprolol for abt 3 yrs. To begin with I took it in the evening but after abt 8 weeks I felt so weak in the evening I started to take it in the morning. Felt better in the evening so carried on. For abt last 6mths felt shattered when woke up in morning and didn't really feel normal till mid afternoon .didn't think much of it till thought wonder if it was bisoprolol.so changed again to take it at tea time. Instantly feel wonderful on waking in morning and ATM no dips. Think must be when levels drop and take while for dose to make me feel OK. I'd def try changing time of day you take it but do it gradual over a few days as otherwise you could feel terrible

• Posted

As soon as I started taking Bisoprolol, I told people it made me feel like a "drunk zombie".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.