How much blood is an anal fissure likely to produce

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with an anal fissure and have been given some cream. Since using the cream I'm in considerably less pain but the last 2 day I've seen a massive increase in the amount of blood I see. The toilet water is bright red and the poo coated. Lots on toilet paper. I'm so worried. Feels like there is a lot of pressure down there in general and feels full if you understand. Way TMI for strangers but I'm so worried. It's taking over my life. I've been dealing with piles for 6 weeks and now this. Really getting me down

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hayley, the cream you have been given is designed to promote blood flow to the area so that it heals, when there's an open fissure it will bleed more, and a little blood always looks like a lot. Stick with it, hopefully it will work for you.

• Posted

That’s called Tenusmus Hayley  the feeling of incomplete emptying.  It’s awful. I had that for weeks after my op

It will get better once your area starts to heal

Are you keeping your stool soft ?? If not use some softeners as ur prob re-tearing the area with a bowel movement

Also a little blood can look like a lot when mixed with water so it’s probably  just that 

Try to lubricate the area b4 you go to the loo so it slides out without further trauma 

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.