How much mebendazole and how soon after the first dose?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, everyone!

About 2 months ago I felt the first symptoms of pinworms (itching), but since I am a single woman (having little contact with animals or children), it didn't cross my mind that pinworms would be the cause..

Until I started to feel wriggling in my anus AND in my poor vagina. I feel it during the day and night.. Really upsetting and digusting.

I have used some drugstore medicine, then my GP prescribed mebendazole (100mg pill each day, for three days) and for those three days I felt a bit better. Then on day 4 they came back and it has been worse every day.

Has anyone had experience with using mebendazole, one week after the first dose? GP told me to wait two weeks, but it's bad. I wonder if one week in between is enough to be safe that it won't damage my liver.

I have had wormwood tea every day for two weeks, lots of garlic, seeds etc. That didn't help. Now I am trying to cut out the sugar and dairy. I was so blissfully unaware of this terrible thing called pinworms, also my friends and family don't believe it's that bad. GP said : just clean more. And I do!! I am going crazy with the cleaning!! If anyone has had luck with beating this thing, please enlighten me. Any tips are appreciated.

I am just SO SO SO tired of this! I can't sleep, can't eat, cannot do the regular things I enjoy doing, like meeting my friends and going to the gym. I feel freaking depressed, and also angry at myself that such a ''tiny'' thing is impacting my life in such a big way. Reading through this forum makes me even more afraid, because some people have this for years.. Ugh, if I find a solution, will let you all know.

P.S. Sorry for the grammar mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.