How much more

Posted , 5 users are following.

As well as struggling with T.M.J. I now seem to have sciatica as well! I don't think I can take anymore on top of my peri problems. I wonder if there is a link. Any suggestions for relief greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes it can be all related to Peru for sure. Hang in there, I know it stinks!
    • Posted

Peri my auto correct does this right as I hit send. Lol
  • Posted

Same as me ! Shooting pains up my left leg from buttock down to ankle even shoots up in my head and pattern seems to be every 3 weeks...gp has given me ibuprofen and painkillers but they don't touch it 😢
    • Posted

Mine is on my right side, across my lower back, buttock and calf muscle.
  • Posted

Ruth..................Sciatica isnt a condition in itself, but its caused by a disc problem somewhere in our spine, or, a worn pelvic joint, either of which, can then press on, or, trap the sciatic nerve, the pain starts in the back, or, pelvic area on one side or the other, then the pain travels down into the bum area, and then down the leg.   When the sciatic nerve is affecting you when you come to sit or, lie where the painful spot is, you need to get up and go for a walk as  lying and sitting for too long will trigger the pain off, on the otherhand, if you over exert yourself, that will also trigger the pain,  so, then you will have to sit and rest until it goes, take ibuprofen to ease the inflammation, and paracetomol in between to help with the pain, whilst menopause will trigger it off due to low oestrogen causing low vit d which keeps joints supple, plus when we get stressed we lose cortisol, which, also keeps joints supple, fatigue makes the joints ache as well, but menopause  doesnt actually cause it, its caused by worn or, bulging discs, and joints, hope this helps.
  • Posted

My back (lumbar area) has been agony for 3 weeks, since the end of my last period, at first I thought I'd ovulated early but it's still hurting now, although not as bad. My mum started with sciatica during peri and my nana (mum's mum) so yes I think it is linked, probably due to something in the womb pressing on a disc in my case as the pain is in my womb area too. Sick to death of it all now. Hope you're feeling better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.