how much physical pain can anxiety actually cause?.....

Posted , 2 users are following.

I haven't posted for a while, but basically for some time I had been suffering with severe chest pains, initially the doctors thought I had a hiatus hernia, I was treated with esomeperazole, I also had a gastroscopy but this came back clear. I then had some scans and xrays and it shew two very small kidney stones, I was then told I had a form of ibs, ive been switched from med to med. I took myself to hospital one night as I was convinced I was dying from heart issues, I had ecgs and xrays and blood tests and all came back ok but still suffering with pain, my latest trip to the doctors I got told I had costochondritis, now been put on naproxen but still no ease from the pain. Ijust wondered if anxiety is able to cause such severe constant pain? I do worry a lot which in turn makes the pain worse which makes the anxietyworse and so on...please can anyone help? X

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You are suffering from MEGA stress, which can cause pain all over your body.

You are in an ongoing ever increasing  mind blowing state that frightens you,

If you could calm yourself down, and be logical about all these phantom 

pains, you are obviously not suffering from any major disease or ailment ,you appear to have been gone over with a fine tooth comb by the NHS and you

obviously don't believe them .

Try  fresh air and go for walks, reduce the tabs ask to see a stress counsellor

You seriously need to give yourself a severe talking to,.One day at a time 

Kerry but make the start now , and talk about it  I will listen, but I won't give

you any sympathy , just an ear, and a shoulder ,

• Posted

Thanks Jacqueline, 

Not here for sympathy just here to get everything off my chest and grateful for any advice.

Recently applied for some relaxation therapy which I'm hoping will help.

Some days are better than others and some days I can tell myself to stop being an idiot because the docs would know if it was something more serious, just unfortunately the bad days I can't reason with myself.

Thanks again for your reply

• Posted

At least you have made a start, doctors aren't always the best people

to talk to their answer to most things is medication ,they don't know

any better ,and probably couldn't be bothered or care to see  that problems are not always prescription orientated.

I'm here, so just keep your keyboard open 

take care and do breathing exercises , any where, and everywhere

• Posted

hi kerry, i know how you are feeling my anxiety started 20 years ago ,it clams down for a few years and then comes back, ongoing really,but if it helps i was the same as you terrified that something bad was happenng and i was going to die, i tried everything from docs hospitals and even paid for a private doctor cos i was convinced that something was wrong, i went to a relaxation class and one of the women was late cos she had to pull over in her car having a panic attack, and when she got to the group she said that all that went through her mind was that this is ridiculous surely if i was gonna die of an attack i would of died the 1st time not the 400th time and her attack stopped as quick as it came, so now i do that and they became less and less frequent,if you can manage to calm down and not panic most of your symptoms will subside eventually.i still have bad bouts that creep up on me, more so now because i'm on the menopause and it's making the anxiety worse.hope this has helped,hang in there x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.