How much time did you take off work for anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey everybody,

I took around 8 weeks off work the start of June, just because my anxiety was at its absolutel worst when I was at work. I did a phased return on August and it was going brilliantly, I was even managed 6 hours shifts 4/5 times a week.

About 2 weeks a go my work place were trying to force me in to going back to my normal full time hours and this panicked me as in no way did I feel ready to do so. Regardless of what I said they were adamant that I 'had to' go back to normal stating that my anxiety 'has gone on too long now' which made me feel even worse than ever.

I went back to the doctors and have been off again for a week, I'm going back tomorrow to get another note as in no way do I feel ready to go back to work.

So I was just wondering as I'm worrying about the time I'm taking off how long anybody else had off due to their anxiety?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's nice you even got time off of work for anxiety. I've never missed a day due to anxiety. Even when it's horriblw and I feel like I'm dying, I push through it the best I can and I know when it's time to go, I'm happy and everything is okay.
  • Posted

Hi I've been off 8 weeks and got another 2 and then my boss says I can do a week on part time then back to full but I'm waiting to see what doc suggests on fit note and if they don't stick to it I'll get acas involved because the docs are the ones in the know and I rang acas and they told me if your bosses don't stick to doctors advise they will help you
  • Posted

Hi lotti

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing you are a hcp? I am too and even though we are supposed to be in the caring profession the managers only care about their own targets.

I have been off for 3 months now with anxiety but have also had an operation in that tine with 6 week recovery. I have actually resigned from my job yesterday as I can't even begin to see how I can go back my job is so stressful and busy (often work 12.5 straight without a break) the job really isn't good for ny mental health and my anxiety isn't getting better despite 4 sessions of cbt only two to go.

I wish you all the best in your recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.