How much was your Nitroglycerin Ointment cost?

Posted , 2 users are following.

As the title says

Hoping I can get it free via the public hospital in my country. I feel like its the only thing that will make me heal but I also hope I can get Botux injection free also.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had to get my Nitroglycerin ointment from a specialty Pharmacy. Cost was around $50 US. Very good to help heal fissure.

• Posted

man ur the only person who replies and tries to help

So it's about only 50 bucks that does not sound bad at all cause when I googled the price of this I saw insane prices like 700 usd and up

I am going to the doctor again later this week and find out if he can prescribe me nitro or something.

My doctor dont like to respond to questions and if I ask him for botux or nitro he will get upset and not talk to me so I have to be careful how I speak to him

• Posted

It could be much more because Insurance only covers so much with specialty medication. I wouldn't be surprised if it does cost $700 which is insane for health needs. Maybe in certain countries medical professional get upset by suggesting medications and treatments you researched but that does not fly here. Doctors like that we stay from. Untrust worthy types. I Can't assume what you can and can not do. I hope you will find the medical care you need.

• Posted

Yeah am trying again to see if it can heal on its own by avoiding Milk, eggs, beans, peas etc.

I almost had this thing sorted out recently but it relapsed so i am going on a very strict diet if not then its back to the doctors and hopefully the public hospital can give me the botux free or charge or something. I will keep you posted on the results of my new diet which excludes all these stuff I listed.

• Posted

Not many people are cured from botox injections with Chronic Anal fissure. LIS seems to be the Golden pass to cure that problem. Returning AF is a sign of Chronic Fissure. I hate to see you go through more frustrations. I already been going through myself. The great thing is it's free but I hope their credentials are high up with a high success rate.

• Posted

Hi I met a new Doctor today and she said that she does NOT recommend me to do surgery. Maybe she is referring to doctors in this country, most of them are not competent enough to perform this surgery.

So she prescribed to me Nitroglycerine. Now I have to go get the pharmacy to compound it for me. She said the cost won't be much it would be like $70 USD or around that price. She said it works great and her patients always come back asking for more prescriptions for it.

Thank god a doctor who knows something, the other doctor prescribed me Buscopan which actually made my fissure worse by making me constipated.

I am hoping the GTN cures this, otherwise I am as good as dead. It is either this or Methomyl.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.