How much water do you drink?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I would really appreciate as many of you as possible to answer this question and of course I have a reason. How much water do you drink each day?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I drink a few glasses of plain tap water a day – I believe it helps keep the stomach clean. It also takes more than one glass to swallow the supplements I take!

I've read the concerns people are writing here about water in other beverages and so on elsewhere, but, as far as I know, few in the medical profession would dispute that your 1.5 – 2.0 litres of water requirement can be met in any form: tea, coffee, chocolate, fruit juice, fruit itself, vegetable juice, vegetables themselves.

Mineral water from plastic bottles may not be healthier than tap water because of contamination from the chemicals in the plastic.

It's now thought coffee may be somewhat neuroprotective.

Coffee, and much more so tea, may inhibit iron absorption though, which is something you may well want to avoid with RLS. If you like your coffee, ask your doc about it and maybe iron supplementation.

• Posted

Robert, I believe caffiene is a diuretic so any water with that might not count
    • Posted

I think the jury may still be out on that one. It might also be, probably is, something of a purgative, so you might well lose more water (in the short term) anally.

I'd be very surprised if drinking coffee resulted in net hydration.

• Posted

Sorry, that was meant to be "... net dehydration."

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.