How much Zinc should i take to help my facial hair growth?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've recently been taking Zinc suppliments as i read Zinc can help with hair growth. As well as some multivitimins.

I'm 26 and still grow facial hair like 17 year old. My face is covered in small white unmatured hairs. The only place it is mature is on my lip and chin but even there it is a little thin and patchy in some places.

Any idea on what dosage is good for this? I'm taking 50mg zinc supplements and the multivitimins have 5mg of zinc in them, making a total of 55mg daily.

Any other tips to help me grow mature facial hair would be appreciated. I look young as it is and my self confidence is incredibly low.

A bit of hair on my face would make me look closer to my actual age and it would help my self confidence a great deal.

Life is hard as a baby faced male. I'm rarely taken seriously. People, co workers, women.. 

Doesn't help we seem to find ourselves in a beard dominated socioty now. If it were still the 90s my lack of facial hair would actually be convienant haha.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm sorry but I sort of enjoyed your post!I started to become white/grey when I was 18! On my 39th b'day, actual day and was feeling old, the young sales clerk asked for my Seniors Card, I just about died! Of course it had to be on my b'day, I don't grow old gracefully! So I was opposite to you!

I sorta understand what you mean, is their a way you can turn it around as a positive? Just think, as you age you'll always look younger than them and that may be a secret blessing to you!

I didn't know that Zinc helped with hair growing, I know that it helps with other problems!

Actually my husband had the exact same problem, not enough facial hair and it was patchy where it shouldn't be! He also hated it, it was sort of a blow to his manhood! Now he's able to grow a great beard and mustache! I didn't like the mustache against my face as it was so itchy and asked him to shave it off, I don't know how he felt but he did it!

I hope that the zinc helps you, but in the mean time you're going to have to make the best of it! Hopefully thinking of a positive reply may help and give you and others some laughs! You're a man and be proud of it!

Good luck to you, also try to remember it's what inside of you that counts, or so I've been told many times, Susan

• Posted

Thanks for your reply,

I've been telling myself "when i'm 40 i'll look 25" type of stuff for years. Yea it makes me feel better about it for a pocket of time.

But as with some of the things i mentioned, i feel like looking so young is and has held me back in life. It's like i have to try 3 times as hard as everyone else to be taken seriously as an adult. That's good and well for a go getter full of ambition, but that isn't my personality at all. 

I'm quite sure my girlfriend of 6 years who recently left me did because of how i look, i never 'grew up' in a sense.

All she seems to be into now are guys with long hair and fasionable beards. No that isn't the reason i'm obsessing over my own facial hair, i've wanted to fix this for a long time. But knowing that about my ex certainly doesn't help haha.

I can only hope i'll have some luck like your husband one day. I've suspected i might be like my uncle, who couldn't grow any until he was in his 30's. While all his brothers including my dad could grow it from late teens. 

It is what's inside that counts i agree. It'd just be good if everyone could remember that. One of the first lessons in life we seem to so easily forget. haha.

Honestly though it's not like i'm an unattractive person, though my luck with women would suggest otherwise. Just seems like women appreciate a bit of something, maybe not a beard but even stuble seems to go a long way.

But i don't blame women at all. If i was a women i know i'd prefer a man with a bit of stuble over a clean baby face.

• Posted

Hi again, I was hoping that one of the men here would read your post and answer it!  

I wasn't going to write you back but maybe by bringing you back to others notice may encourage them to respond to you!  

Too bad that your ex girlfriend only wants a guy with facial hair, I do admit that alot of them look great but then I prefer a smooth face against mine, too bad I'm not younger! 

So come on guys, can someone help this young man?   Susan 

• Posted

Hi Midgar,

I just want to caution you with taking zinc supplements as it can cause a copper imbalance within the body and give you other health problems.

There's lots of woman who prefer men with no facial hair. I think if a woman truly loves you, all the superficial things wouldn't even matter. A beautiful face means nothing without a beautiful heart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.