HOW MY 4 WEEK POST OP APPT WENT FOR RECTOCELE REPAIR & BLADDER SLING

Posted , 9 users are following.

For those of you that keep up with me... I wanted to update you on my progress. First of all I want to point out that I feel my surgeon is over optimistic. Lol. My surgeon did an exam today and said ...(drum roll please 🥁🥁🥁🎺🎺🎺wink... EVERYTHING LOOKS EXCELLENT!!!!  I have never been so relieved. I went for 2 weeks certain that my surgery had failed because my vaginal opening was looking like what nightmares are made of! I was in the grocery store maybe 3 nights ago and I knew I had been on my feet all day and had really been stupid and I had to leave the store due to pain and swelling and go wait in the truck while my husband paid. I was so discouraged. I went home and fell asleep with an ice pack between my legs. The next morning I woke up with the “stuck tampon feel” and thought nothing had changed. An hour or so went by and then I stopped having that weird full sensation. Naturally I thought “it is probably because the stitches have gotten too loose & aren’t pulling anymore.” Basically I thought anything but good thoughts about it. Miraculously I’ve not gotten the full sensation anymore so I got the dreaded mirror out and everything looks just beautiful down there! I am so satisfied with how it looks. My doc did an exam using one finger and it did hurt really bad. It confused me because he actually cleared me to resume sex and I feel in no way, shape or form ready to resume sex! That’s why I say my doc is over optimistic. He said I could start lifting again...huh...I think not! I asked him to please write me out for 3 extra weeks (8 total weeks off work) & he did. I am still sore and as a matter of fact I have had nerve pain ever since the exam from him feeling around in there. One wonderful thing he told me is that I can get in the ocean on my vacation starting tomorrow for 10-15 mins at a time. He said it would be healing to get in the salt water! Yay!!! I am so excited about the way things have turned out so far. 

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

So thrilled for you!! God I hope that will be the case for me. Awful how we assume the worst! Well, I often can. I did a bit much yesterday (just hand-held vacuuming; I'm 3 weeks post-op). So today I've just been horizontal apart from a 20min walk.

Hey you could always have non-penetrative sex you know - maybe that's what the Doc meant - you can have orgasms now - but don't imagine you'd feel like having anything actually IN there for a long time anyway! Be creative!

So pleased you're healing well - there's hope for the rest of us!!!

Cheers ruth

• Posted

He definitely meant intercourse. I know it sounds crazy & I will not be listening to him. I had the minimally invasive repair and maybe that is a faster healing time? I never had any stitches between the opening and rectum. I have tried what you are saying with the “outercourse” & it still makes me swell down there so for me personally I don’t think I am ready for any of it. He also mentioned that I go for physical therapy for Biofeedback to learn how to do Kegals correctly. 

• Posted

Great to read your post and happy for you. How many weeks were you when you had your post op check?

My check is at week 9 so I am hoping I am a little further on and don’t experience “the hurt really bad” as you have had to go through. 

Going for the post op check is like the beginning of putting all this behind you.

Hope you take good care and enjoy the stronger version of yourself.

Peta

• Posted

I was supposed to be checked at 5 weeks but was checked early at 4 weeks because I am leaving the state. I bet you’ll be fine at your post op appt. Week 9 I bet you’ll be completely healed. 
  • Posted

SO happy for you!!! I haven’t followed you but recently had surgery myself so I’m really happy that you are recovering well and it was all worth it 💛 xx

• Posted

That’s great news. Please beware about any touching of the opening. It will swell like you’re back at square one with the least bit of stimulation. I know because I tried and I bet you’re swollen today after the exam. When you finally get the nerve up to feel around in the Vaginal canal it feel like like the muscles have separated forever....it has not failed. Plus around 4 weeks post op you’ll get your menstral cycle and it will swell again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.