How often do you check with a mirror?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Every day? Not at all? Did you draw a map?

I never checked much at all over the last 3 months when I got a visual diagnosis of LS but lately I've started checking every day.

From reading this forum I realize I need to know much more about myself down there!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I was checking every day—day and night, then recently started letting a few days go by. I couldn't handle it anymore seeing the destruction, but I realize I need to monitor down under every day to see what course of treatment I should use. Welcome to my world and world of LS.

• Posted

I check every day with a mirror. Every night when I put the Clobetasol on - I put a mirror on the floor - squat over it - and put the clobetasol on while I check it all out and make sure nothing else is fusing, etc... and it helps me see the progress I'm having with the clobetasol (white patches are going away...)

• Posted

Hiya ro

i personally check maybe once a week or if i feel a little sore etc ive been diagnosed a year. I found if i pull it around etc it gets irritated . I try to switch off from it as it just takes over your life otherwise! hard to at times i agree. Recently back from holiday felt so relaxed didnt think about it much. Think the sea water helped too! Yes you have to keep on top of things with creams, supplements etc its routine. But try not to look everyday

Good luck

• Posted

I used to check loads of times per day. I use the clob but dont look I look if I feel sore, My GP said check once a month and check breasts at the same time so you are doing it regularly. The breast part I do that then but have yo say I cant get out of checking down there more than not looking every two days. I go on holiday next week and I wont check though x

• Posted

No more than once a week, sometimes less. Like everyone else, I don't want it to be constantly on my mind. I really have wanted to take pictures to document it, but I'm afraid they'll somehow get into the wrong hands....hahaha

• Posted

I look every couple of weeks maybe longer - don't want to look more than that as its depressing. I have taken photos on an old camera. I did have a fleeting worry that if anything happened to me and my husband and our sons had to clear the house, what they make of those photos!!!!!!

• Posted

Hi msbutterfly, I am the same! I have stopped checking everyday and now just once a week. We have to get on with life and i found it was taking over. I smile at your remark about the photos and totally agree! I too think it's a perfect way to compare for any changes or improvement but like you I'm put off by the thought of where they may end up! The Cloud?!! Seems to me it's impossible to completely delete your footprint nowadays!!

• Posted

I wanted to take photos as well, but didn't want them on my cell phone or in the cloud! LOL! So I got my old digital camera - and have taken photos every week, so I can see the changes (wanted to make sure I'm not just imagining that the LS is getting better with treatment.) 😃 I hide my camera in a drawer in my bathroom. LOL! 😃 Don't need anyone looking at THOSE photos! HA!

• Posted

Oh, that's a good idea. I still have a digital camera that I never use bc I always use my phone. I'll try that - thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.