How often do you see you Doc's CIC

Posted , 6 users are following.

Went to the VA yesterday. Did ultrasound of kidneys bladder. Said kidneys were fine and bladder was "shot" but they all ready knew that.

So they renewed the Rx for the catheters for another year and said see you then. I told them I'd be more comfortable coming back in 6 months they said fine. Wondering if I'm being a wimp for wanting to go back in 6 months rather than a year...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What do you mean, your bladder is "shot?"  If you haven't tried JimJames' World-Famous Bladder Retraining, you might want to.  After I had an emergency draining of 2.5 LITERS of liquid, and was retaining 1,000cc after that, the urologist also told me mine was "shot."  I was also getting no signals about the quantity, nor was I experiencing any urges until I hit 900-1,000cc.  That was in 2015.  I followed JimJames' directions for bladder rehabbing, and now I get signals at 250-300cc.  If I am stuck unable to get to a bathroom (usually when traveling), I will naturally void down to 450-500cc, a far cry from the 1,000cc amount that the doc said could not be changed...  Just a thought.  As for 6-month wimpyness, if you're not engaged in any effort to reduce the volume of the bladder, then go because it makes you feel more comfortable, but don't expect any changes!  :-)

• Posted

Jwrhn.

You're not a wimp. You're simply go with your comfort level. You go by what you're comfortable with if there's no problems and your doctor doesn't have an issue with it.

Regards,

Raffie

• Posted

There are people on this forum who have rehabbed bladder that their urologists said couldn't be saved. The Jimjames program is a good one. It takes time - could be a couple of years, but he's gone from total retention to cathing a couple of times a week.

• Posted

Sorry guys, but I took a red-eye back to EWR from San Francisco last night, and just awakened from a jet-lag-nap with this ditty in my head...  (Sung to the tune of an old L&M Cigarettes advertisement):

"They said it couldn't be done,

They said nobody could do it!

But the JJ Dive-Bomb Way 

Has more shrinkage to it!"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.