How often is the hepatitus B vaccine required ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My brother had the hepatitus B vaccine in October 2007 as he requires it for his job. Can someone tell me when he needs to take the vaccine again and whether he just needs to have a booster or the full vaccine ?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi jdc1961 ,i had to get my family vaccinated against HBV and they had there 1st injection then the 2nd one a month later then finally there 3rd one 6 months later and 1 more after a year and thats it then,hope that helps
  • Posted

Hi Liberties,

Many thanks for the reply. He did have the full course in 2007, but I am led to believe that after a number of years you need to have either a booster or the vaccine again, however I can not find any clear information on this. Any ideas ?

• Posted

oh im not sure then,i was led to believe it was just the yearly booster after the first 3 ,im sorry i coudnt tell you for sure and i hope you find help,good luck with that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.