How restricted?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a mild prolapsed Blatter & question is ; how restricted are we with bending , standing such as doing housekeeping ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Tracey, do not restrict yourself from normal everyday things we have to do. It is better to move and keep things going then sit and do nothing. It is heavy lifting you have to be concerned about. Dusting and vacuuming and cleaning is healthy and so is walking. In fact walking uphill is very, very good on the pelvic floor and to help prolapse.

Do a little test on yourself. Stand straight, without bending your knees, go down and try to touch your toes. You will feel your prolapse going back up further if you really tune into to it. I do that exercise a lot and it does feel better for the prolapse.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Lynn , Thank you very much ! I thought of you in hopes that you would reply..as I've said ..I am very active and a busy person .I'm a retired dancer & had a hip replacement in 2013..all has been a blessing. Doctor here has not been of help with a direct answer.. I like to keep in motion .so I appreciate your reply.I feel good thank you
    • Posted

Good for you Tracey. It is always best to keep things moving. You know that old saying if you don't use it expect to lose it. Mine started out as a milder prolapse over ten years ago and because of menopause it unfortuntely, came down more then I would like, but I am managing very well with my support garment as well as lots of walking, exercise etc. I have no pain, no bathroom problems, not urinary problems. All I needed was a good support and again exercises. I am 65 in January, so life is good even with prolapse as long as you learn to live with it and know how to support it , if you choose not to have surgery like me, because I don't need it. Some may need it or just choose it, that is there choice.

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

You should probably ask your doctor.   I believe heavy lifting can cause the tear to get worse.
    • Posted

Yes, you are correct Dorry. As I mentioned earlier anyone should be concerned about heavy lifting if you have a prolapse. It makes a prolapse much worse as well as heavy lifting will be the worse thing you can do after a repair or during a repair healing.

Blessings to all

Lynn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.