How's Everyone Doing?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Maybe a bit of a daft discussion, but am interested. When I first joined this group, I found loads of help and information from other people in similar situations, and people were always posting.

i know it's me with probably too much time on my hands, but unless I'm missing something, there aren't many, if any, recent topics. Which made me start to wonder how everyone is.

I'm on day 7 without alcohol which doesn't seem much I know. There used to be several regulars updating. Maybe we are all doing better than we think.

A separate question is I've bought a water chiller to keep my fluid intake up and seem to be constantly drinking water. Is there a limit as to how much you should have? Can easily drink 2 litres or more daily.

3 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi vickylou. Your comments were very interesting. We sound very similar - personality wise anyway. Itake citalopram  for my depression / anxiety , never heard of your medication- must  look into it ( we both sound like Hyprocondreacts ) Which medication are you taking to help with the Alcohhol addiction ? Might give it ago- got to do something ! Husband Brian just caught me returning from Town with several wine bottles plus bottle of Vodka now locked away !!!!! Was so looking forward to it- now it's  gone - so mean of him . Did own research on those two drugs with help from Richard ( on here ) and Turning Point. A A no help. So much for their Higher Power. Keep in touch . X
    • Posted

Are u trying to stop or, what your husband is doing doesn't help my wife used to that, it didn't work bcoz l was not ready to stop, l ended hiding it , the more u hide usually the more u drink, u have to want to stop at your own time, bcoz u are stopping for yourself noyone else, they are so many drugs on NHS that can help if u want to stop, cheers.
    • Posted

My husband used to pour my drink down the sink in front of me! Nightmare at the time. Other times he would take it off me and hide it. In the end he stopped as at the end of the day, if I desparately wanted a drink he knew I'd get one. I'm not taking any medication for cravings, cut down slowly, then stopped. Just take trazadone for anxiety/depression. How you doing without your drink?
    • Posted

Hi Richard

My mum was alcoholic and she hid a bottle behind my gianrt panda bear toy.

Maybe I am lucky that I did not inherit the gene. I hate it.

When you have partner who drinks, do you feel alone even though they are there?

How are you coping?

• Posted

grat with 2L per day and just what your liver wanted....all still ok?? feeling ok booze free?
    • Posted

Hi robin

I don't need to ask how you're doing, you must be very proud of you're achievements. I'm doing fine, anxiety episode has passed so no longer thinking of alcohol. Had a couple of glasses of wine last weekend and had a good week. Big test was last night. Went to local pub with friends and always have a 'lock in' and usually come home about 2-3am. Had a few glasses of wine, but by 10pm I'd had enough. The pub is literally just a couple of minutes walk from home. Told my husband I wanted to go home, but he could stay. He walked me home and went back. Saturday morning and no hangover. Am up and about, ready to go shopping as I need another treat!! Thanks so much for asking, you're posts always cheer me up and offer excellent advice

• Posted

Yes robin forgot about the water! still drinking plenty of water, water cooler is one of my better purchases about 2/3lL a day. Rest of the family have joined me, so no longer need to buy bottled water

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.