How's my liver doing for now?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Test                    Result        Ref Value 

Alkaline Phosophatase             44        41-102

Asoartate Aminotransferase SGOT/AST    41        <34 alanine="" aminotransferase="" sgpt/alt  =""  68  =""    =""><45

gamma-gt                22        0-103

alpha-fetoprotein afp (cmia)        2.8        0-9 ug/l

hepatitis be antigen, qual (cmia)    positive    (negative) 

the liver ultrasound scan also detected a 6mm gallbladder polyp. i start to worry a bit because i am just 26 yo... i have stopped drinking, not even moderately, as well as devising a liver detox diet as soon as i received the results.  gamma-gt  =""    =""    =""    =""  22  =""    =""  0-103="" alpha-fetoprotein="" afp="" (cmia)  =""    =""  2.8  =""    =""  0-9="" ug/l="" hepatitis="" be="" antigen,="" qual="" (cmia)  =""  positive=""  =""  (negative) ="" the="" liver="" ultrasound="" scan="" also="" detected="" a="" 6mm="" gallbladder polyp.="" i="" start="" to="" worry="" a="" bit="" because="" i="" am="" just="" 26="" yo...="" i="" have="" stopped="" drinking,="" not="" even="" moderately,="" as="" well="" as="" devising="" a="" liver="" detox="" diet="" as="" soon="" as="" i="" received="" the="">

gamma-gt                22        0-103

alpha-fetoprotein afp (cmia)        2.8        0-9 ug/l

hepatitis be antigen, qual (cmia)    positive    (negative) 

the liver ultrasound scan also detected a 6mm gallbladder polyp. i start to worry a bit because i am just 26 yo... i have stopped drinking, not even moderately, as well as devising a liver detox diet as soon as i received the results. >

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

These look like the same test results as before? Your ALT is a little high which suggests slight inflammation of the liver.   Are you on any medication for the chronic Hepatitis B?  Your Hep B e antigen being positive (why is it in brackets as negative as well?) means you have an active virus which is probably why your ALT is out of range.  A negative result means you still have the virus, just with lower activity.  I suggest you ask your doctor about being put on treatment to suppress the virus, as long term it can lead to cirrhosis and cancer. Well done stopping drinking.  The liver is good a de-toxing itself, even a detox won't stop the virus damaging it I'm afraid. 
  • Posted

I really think it ALL pertains to drinking.

Stay stopped if you can and get another test.

But do not allow yourself to think...well it only happens when I drink...and then drink..because eventually the liver will be damaged if it is already reacting to the drink.

• Posted

It may be the alcohol. However Henry does have Hepatitis B which causes liver inflammation followed by fibrosis and cirrhosis if the viral load is left unchecked. Certainly drinking on top of having the virus won't help at all, but even a teetotal person with chronic Hep B will have liver inflammation. 
    • Posted

Thank you for the update.

Yea..than important to take medication as prescribed and not drink at all.

• Posted

Henry hasn't said if he is on any treatment for the Hepatitis B. It used to be the protocol that patients were only treated when their viral load went above a certain number, I think it was 3,000 units, but they have now realised that any active virus, however small, will over time cause liver damage. I'm not sure why Henry is unable to say whether he is on medication or not.  Maybe he has never had a PCR/DNA test to check the viral load. 
    • Posted

Hi there, no secrets at all. I am not taking any medications.  Thanks for the replies. 
    • Posted

nor have any doctors asked me to take any. 
    • Posted

Hi Henry. I think that may be your answer to your slightly elevated Liver enzymes. Have you discussed medication for Hep B with your doctor?  I was. Diagnosed with Hep B in the late 1970s but never had medication for it until, no surprise, I was diagnosed with cirrhosis and liver cancer. Unless you treat the virus it will continue to damage your liver (you look young in your profile pic).  You are also at risk of infecting others. Did you know HBV can be transmitted in semen?
    • Posted

Yes I am all aware of that. My doctors advised me to take a balanced lifestyle and drink at least as possible. 

Best wishes for your battle. 

• Posted

Below my blood test results ( after taking Indian Gooseberry (Amla) juice from from 3 Indian Gooseberry combined 1 hour later with Olive Leaf Extract (2 teaspoons x 2/day) plus lemon juice (from half lemon) + 2 teaspoons of honey. This treatment is combined with intake of the following:-

A) 3x Omega 3(with 1,000mg fish oil, EPA-180mg,DHA-120mg), 

B) 2x Vitamin E ( 400I.U.)

C) 2x multivitamins

In 20 days the results as follows:-

Alkaline Phosphatase down 28% from 192 to 139.(<130) alanine="" transaminase="" (sgpt/alt)="" down="" 28%="" from="" 66="" to="" 48=""><37) aspartate="" transaminase="" (sgot/ast)down="" 20%="" from="" 77="" to="" 62=""><41) gamma-glutamyl="" transferase="" (gamma="" gt)="" down="" 37%="" from="" 532="" to=""><51)

very happy with test results

very="" happy="" with="" test="" results="">

very happy with test results

>

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.