How’s Sex Once You’re Healed from Rectocele?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I’ve been told by my surgeon that sex will be normal again once I am healed. I hope he’s right. I know with the prolapse I had loss of sensation and it was causing some serious depression. What was your first time like after surgery? Is it more snug? More sensation?  

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Be very patient, I was told to wait twelve weeks, I thought my consultant was joking; she wasn’t! 
    • Posted

12 wks is about right. Clitoral orgasm is great but I've not tried intercourse yet. Too scared lol

• Posted

I don't have penetrative sex so not an issue. But I do want to know when it is safe to have an orgasm!

• Posted

Glad you posed this question to our forum gals. So it seems hold back for 12 weeks. 

I was told after 8 weeks but I have found every recovery  timeframe that I have read on every aspect has been understated.  So thanks to those who have given us the REAL situation.  

We all want the best return to our former glory!!!!

• Posted

Hi - I was checked at 8 weeks and wasn't fully healed and told not to try penetrative intercourse until I had been seen and cleared at 12 weeks. We tried tentatively at 12 weeks, hubby said it felt tighter, I was just relieved it didn't hurt but not a great deal of sensation either. As time has progressed (now at 6 months post op), we are more confident and it all feels fine. My G spot however does seem to have gone missing in action and we have to rely on clitoral orgasms - which thankfully were ok and safe from quite early post op. Good luck.  

• Posted

Wait ....what.....? The Gspot went MISSING??? honest nightmare of mine...he just FOUND mine a few years ago after YEARS of searching 😉😊🤣

• Posted

My wife and I did it very gently at 6.5 weeks post op and she has a hard place at the opening. It feels tighter but it’s hard to explain the hard spot and I hope it’s not permanent 
    • Posted

Oh gosh - I thought this discussion was for women who'd had these operations! Wasn't expecting a man on here!

• Posted

I'm very concerned about this question, too. I have read mixed things on this site and others.  My surgeon only said to wait 6 weeks, but that's what they told me post-childbirth, too, and I wasn't ready un12 weeks then.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.